As you may have noticed, here at Lexia we’re big fans of blogging for business.
We’ve explained what blogging is and how it can benefit your business (HERE); we’ve given you a content marketing 101 (HERE); we’ve discussed outsourcing the writing (HERE); what to write about (HERE); and how to raise your content marketing game (HERE).
Quite frankly, if your business doesn’t yet have a blog then we think you’re missing the ultimate marketing trick – a blog gives you a platform to communicate intimately with your existing and potential customers, raises your visibility, positions you as an expert and thought-leader in your field; and all for a relatively low cost.
So, just in case we’ve left you in any doubt – here are four more reasons why your business or personal brand needs to start a blog today.
- You have something to say. Whether you’re brand new to an industry or have been at the coalface for the past 30 years, you have a unique perspective that people will be interested in hearing.
- Your customers expect it. Well, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but as more and more businesses launch blogs the more it becomes the norm, and if your customers expect to be able to read about your company’s ethical stance, the provenance of your ingredients / components, the expertise that you have and can’t – well, they’re only one click away from your competitor’s website. Which brings us to…
- Your competitors are doing it. They’re not? Are you sure? Positive? Have you checked out their websites and Facebook pages lately? Has someone’s business really taken off and you can’t work out why? Positioning yourself as an industry expert (by writing your own blog as well as guest blogging in industry publications) can really increase your visibility, which in turn makes you the “go-to’ person when someone is looking to buy in your sector.
- It’s 2017! It’s a new year which means it’s time to try new things. Hopefully by now you’ve carried out your PR & marketing audit (if not, see HERE) and had a think about where your brand’s going this year (again, if not, see HERE).
What better time is there than a brand new year to trial a modern, economic and potentially business-changing concept?
If we’ve got you fired up about blogging but you’re not sure where to start; or you’ve decided a blog’s for you but don’t have the time to dedicate to writing it yourself, get in touch with us today and we can help you at any stage of the process from devising a content marketing plan for your business and / or brand to implementing your existing strategy: https://www.lexiaagency.co.uk/contact-us/
- Posted by Rachel Forcella
- On 1st February 2017
- 0 Comments