Business blogging, or content marketing, is about telling your brand’s story and engaging & connecting with your customer and potential clients.
To give people something to read and really get stuck into.
To help them understand your brand and identify with it.
If you’ve taken our advice, you’ve already launched your blog – if not, here are our top 4 reasons why your business needs a blog right now: https://www.lexiaagency.co.uk/blog/4-reasons-your-business-needs-a-blog-now/
However starting a blog is only the beginning of your journey, you need to have a strategy around the content you intend to post.
In this context, the word “content” covers many different type of output, for a comprehensive list, take a look at our article here: https://www.lexiaagency.co.uk/blog/is-it-time-to-raise-your-content-marketing-game/
The first couple of blogs / pieces of content are usually quite easy to come up with (Welcome to our blog / Meet the team / Here’s our new product), but after that you may need to become a bit more creative to keep your followers interested!
And that’s where we come in. We’ve written you a list of 20 content ideas to help you to uncover your brand’s story and help your customers to get to know you better. Are you ready to take some notes?
- What do clients regularly ask you / pick your brains about?
- What professional achievements have your team made recently? For example industry certificate or qualifications.
- Do you have any new customers? Suppliers? Talk about the positive relationships you build.
- Industry best practice. Discuss how you are leading the way.
- Interview long serving team members. Ask them about their memories from joining the firm and how things have changed in your industry during their tenure. What have they learned over the past XX years?
- Interview new staff members – why have they joined your company? Why are they excited about working in your business? What’s their background? How will they improve your service offering?
- Charity / community endeavours. Talk about any work your business does in the community or any fundraising efforts your team have been a part of.
- Delve into your history – tell the story of your founders whether it was in the 1880s or the 1980s. You could even do a series – take your company through the decades (especially if you have lots of photos of old premises / staff / stock)
- Events – advertise an up-coming event or do a profile of your last event.
- Profile existing staff members.
- Write about a day / week / month in the life of your company / CEO / warehouse foreman.
- Do demonstrations of how to use your products.
- Do demonstrations on how to make the most of your products.
- Showcase unusual ways to use your products / or “hacks” using your products.
- Interview your brand’s “super-fans”.
- Talk about books or movies related to your industry that have inspired you.
- Review newly released industry-related books.
- Talk about how technology is changing your industry, or how your company is improving that technology.
- Debunk common myths about your industry.
- Tell your customers why you do what you do – what the motivation behind your business is.
For more background about content marketing, take a look at our blog here: https://www.lexiaagency.co.uk/blog/telling-stories/ and for a full “Content Marketing 101” see here: https://www.lexiaagency.co.uk/blog/content-marketing-faqs/
Still not sure about writing a blog yourself? If you’re considering outsourcing your content marketing, here’s our advice for you: https://www.lexiaagency.co.uk/blog/who-you-gonna-call/
If you’re interesting in devising a content marketing plan for your business and / or brand, or need assistance implementing your existing strategy, please get in touch to find out how we can help: https://www.lexiaagency.co.uk/contact-us/
- Posted by Rachel Forcella
- On 14th March 2017
- 0 Comments